The questions below are based on the following three case studies of information systems projects/initiatives –
- “Information Systems Use as Strategy Practice – A Multi-Dimensional View of Strategic Information System Implementation and Use,” (.pdf file), published in Journal of Strategic Information Systems
- “Better Data Brings a Renewal at the Bank of England,” (.pdf file), published in MIT Sloan Management Review
- “Failure of Large Transformation Projects from the Viewpoint of Complex Adaptive Systems: Management Principles for Dealing with Project Dynamics,” (.pdf file), published in Information Systems Frontiers
- What internal and/or external factors drove the initiatives at each company? Were these initiatives put in place as responses to challenges or to opportunities?
- How were business value, competitive advantage, risk, and organizational change considered in each project? Should they have been handled any differently?
- In terms of organizational information integration, does each company appear to be pursuing the correct technological path? Suggest alternatives, additional initiatives, and/or next steps for each.
Looking for help with your homework?
Grab a 30% Discount and Get your paper done!
Place an Order