1. When employees are discriminated against because of their age, gender, or a disability, what negative effects does this discrimination have on the organization and other employees?
2. What are the major differences between disparate treatment and disparate impact? Explain
3. What can managers do to minimize their chance of litigation and of being found negligent with regard to sexual harassment?
1. Why is the decision in Griggs v. Duke Power Company considered a landmark?
2. In a workplace with a diverse workforce, how could an English-only rule create lower morale, poorer communication, and lower productivity?
3. What is meant by the term bona fide occupational qualification (BFOQ)?
1. For approximately 80 percent of employers, complying with ADA requirements to make “reasonable accommodation” costs $500 or less. What types of changes would fall into this category?
2. Do you believe that Muslims working in the United States need legal protection against retaliation? Why or why not?