1. To what degree does high unemployment and an economic recession in the United States affect companies’ selection decisions? Explain.
2. Why should a selection method be both valid and reliable? What could happen legally if a company uses a selection method that lacks these characteristics?
1. Some organizations do not believe in offering any of these work–life balance programs. What do you think their reasoning is? Explain.
2. Multiple methods of assessment are used—interviewing, objective testing, projective testing, games, role-playing, and other methods.
1. Why is there a need for companies to offer work–family balance programs such as flextime, telecommuting, and job sharing?
2. Of the three programs discussed above, which would be the most important program for you personally when deciding whether or not to join an employer? Why?