Discussions: Each part must be at least 200 words. Clearly label each part and list references.
Part 1: Branding Nordstrom
After reading the article “Conservative Nordstrom to sell trendy Topshop fashions,” respond to the following:
· How does this partnership fit into Nordstrom’s current brand management strategy? Will it appeal to its target markets? How will it allow Nordstrom to differentiate itself from the competition?
· Is this a risky move for Nordstrom considering the downward sales trends for Topshop in the UK?
Part 2: Market Segmentation
What are the different levels of market segmentation? Synthesize the segmentation strategies that manufacturers of personal computers should implement to attract both the Gen Y and baby boomer generation to increase their purchases of computers. Are there some examples of companies that have already done a good job of marketing across generations?
Friendly reminder – a two-step process. Cite your source and then recap the reference at the bottom of your posting.
Finch, J. (2012). Managerial marketing [Electronic version]. Retrieved from https://ashford.content.edu
Citation should be (Finch, 2012) or if you include a page # (Finch, 2012, p. 53).
Read the following chapters in Managerial marketing:
· Chapter 6: Market Segmentation and Target Marketing
· Chapter 7: Product Differentiation and Brand Positioning
· Chapter 8: Market Attractiveness and Competitive Strategies
Carr, A. (2013, April). What you don’t know about Apple. Fast Company, (174), 35-38. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost database.
Clifford, S. (2012, Jul 13). Conservative Nordstrom to sell trendy Topshop fashions. International Herald Tribune, 15. Retrieved from ProQuest
Craven, R. (n.d.). The truth about marketing to women. Retrieved from http://www.marketingdonut.co.uk/marketing/marketing-strategy/the-truth-about-marketing-to-women
· The authors explore female buying power and how well male-dominated businesses can understand what women really want