Analyze the following case study from the Hunt Library: Baumann, C., Bretherton, T., Troy, S., and Taksa, L. (2017). Facing Some ‘Home’ Truths: Brand Backlash and the Case of Qantas. (Links to an external site.) In SAGE Publications.
The case describes the challenges associated with building and maintaining a brand through promotional branding efforts. After reading the case study, address the following topics:
- Three key stakeholder groups—Qantas corporate interests, workers, and customers—provide qualitative commentary about Qantas and its recent marketing. How do their perceptions differ? Are there any areas of shared understanding or perception of the Qantas brand held by all stakeholders?
- While the sentimental narratives of homecoming and family reunion have been long-standing features of Qantas branding since the 1980s, based on the stakeholder commentaries presented here, the “Feels Like Home” campaign has failed to connect with many key aviation industry stakeholders. Why has this disconnect occurred? Identify the strengths and weaknesses in the “Feels Like Home” television campaign approach used by Qantas to re-invigorate the brand.
- A gap appears between corporate representations and understandings of a brand (the brand “identity” held by a company) and diverging stakeholder perceptions of brand (brand image) that can have significant implications for the success of an advertising campaign. In the context of this case study, how can qualitative analysis of these different commentaries help to shed light on the gap between “brand identity” and “brand image?”
- Summarize the major decisions involved in developing an advertising campaign. How might Qantas have approached its advertising campaign differently?
- Visit the Qantas News Room and evaluate the role of public relations (PR) as a component of the promotional strategy.
Include the following requirements in your case study assignment:
- Title page with your name and assignment number and title.
- References using current APA (Links to an external site.) in-text citations.
- Written in essay format with at least three sections: a 150 word introduction, body content, and a wrap-up or summary.
Looking for help with your homework?
Grab a 30% Discount and Get your paper done!
Place an Order