Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review Chapters 9 and 12 in your textbook, read PR News Case Studies (Links to an external site.), Today’s Top Stories on PR Newswire (Links to an external site.) and The Biggest PR Disasters of 2020 (Links to an external site.).
For the final paper, you will be evaluating the public relations practices of an organization based on all of the chapters in the text and required resources in this course.
Develop a paper that answers the following items based on an organization of your choice. You may pick any organization as long as your choice has information available to address the following:
- Analyze how the organization uses public relations to create a brand and influence public opinion.
- Assess the messaging in this organizations press releases or internal communications.
- Compare a news article about an event involving this organization with an official press release on the same event.
- How does messaging differ from external news on key issues? How is it similar?
- Assess how the selected organization is adapting to the social media sites and other venues in the 21st century.
- Examine this organizations use of social media to communicate with its audience.
- Evaluate how this organization addresses public opinion on social media.
- Summarize how you think public opinion on social media influences their decisions.
- Analyze this organization’s communication style with special publics such as employees, management, and the media.
- Determine what communication channel(s) you would use to communicate with stakeholders, employees, management, and the media on behalf of this organization (use social media, email, employee meeting, etc.). Why?
- Analyze a crisis that the organization has faced or is facing and how it was or is being handled by the organization.
- Discuss the decision-making process of the organization when addressing the issue.
- Summarize the company’s communication models used when addressing the crisis.
- Analyze the long-range and short-range public relations plans around this crisis.
- Compare and contrast the public relations campaigns of your organization and another organization. If your organization is for-profit, select a nonprofit organization for your comparison organization, and if your organization is nonprofit, select a for-profit.
- As it relates to the organization you selected, compare the different communication needs for an audience/stakeholders in government, corporate/business, and nonprofit organizations.
- What is the approach in their messages and where is their focus?
The Public Relations Practices final paper
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Looking for help with your homework?
Grab a 30% Discount and Get your paper done!
Place an Order