Asbury Corp. issued 30-year bonds 11 years ago with a coupon rate of 9.5%. Those bonds are now selling to yield 7%. The firm also issued some 20-year bonds two years ago with an 8% coupon rate. The two bond issues are rated equally by Standard and Poors and Moody’s. Asbury’s marginal tax rate is 38%.
a. What is Asbury’s after-tax cost of debt?
b. What is the current selling price of the 20-year bonds?
11. The Dentite Corporation’s bonds are currently selling to yield new buyers a 12% return on their investment. Dentite’s marginal tax rate including both federal and state taxes is 38%.
What is the firm’s cost of debt?
12. Kleig Inc.’s bonds are selling to yield 9%. The firm plans to sell new bonds to the general public and will therefore incur flotation costs of 6%. The company’s marginal tax rate is 42%.
a. What is Kleig’s cost of debt with respect to the new bonds? (Hint: Adjust the cost of debt formula to include flotation costs.)
b. Suppose Kleig also borrows directly from a bank at 12%.
1. What is its cost of debt with respect to such bank loans? (Hint: Would bank loans be subject to flotation costs?)
2. If total borrowing is 60% through bonds and 40% from the bank, what is Kleig’s overall cost of debt? (Hint: Think weighted average.)
Cost of Preferred Stock: Example 13-4 (page 568)
13. Harris Inc.’s preferred stock was issued five years ago to yield 9%. Investors buying those shares on the secondary market today are getting a 14% return. Harris generally pays flotation costs of 12% on new securities issues. What is Harris’s cost of preferred financing?
14. Fuller, Inc. issued $100, 8% preferred stock five years ago. It is currently selling for $84.50. Assuming Fuller has to pay floatation costs of 10%, what is Fuller’s cost of preferred stock?
15. A few years ago Hendersen Corp issued preferred stock paying 8% of its par value of $50. The issue is currently selling for $38. Preferred stock flotation costs are 15% of the proceeds of the sale. What is Hendersen’s cost of preferred stock?
Exemplary Academic Writing Service
At TheQuizlet.com, you are guaranteed of quality service from our professional writers. We maintain consistent communication with customers after placing an order to avoid missing anything that may compromise the quality of delivered work.
Our hiring process is rigorous to maintain the desired quality that has become the core of our business. We expose potential writers to an uncompromising selection process that enables TheQuizlet to pick the best out of the rest. TheQuizlet boasts of a competent team of writers, editors, and professors who work towards accomplishing your goals.
TheQuizlet has an in-house plagiarism software that lowers the probability of delivering plagiarized papers to our clients. Referencing is guided by the format specified by a customer when placing an order. Our writers are conversant with all referencing formats that include APA, MLA, Chicago, Harvard, and Vancouver among others.
24/7 Customer Support
We understand the importance of effective communication and as such, TheQuizlet has a dedicated customer support department that responds to all client needs. You can easily contact our team through a chat window at the bottom left corner. Additionally, clients can reach us through support’s email or a telephone number available on our contact page. Feel free to contact us at any time and our team of experts will solve all your problems.
Swift Delivery and 100% Money-back Guarantee
When placing an order, ensure that you specify the correct deadline to help our writers work around the provided timeline. At TheQuizlet, we deliver our tasks before the projected deadline to give time for the customer to proofread the work before submission. In the event we cannot deliver a paper on time, we initiate contact with the client to renegotiate a new deadline.
Unlimited and Free Revisions
We urge all our customers to request for a revision whenever they identify a need to amend the paper. Since we understand your concerns, TheQuizlet.com does not charge for revisions. Nonetheless, we encourage customers to be genuine when requesting for revisions.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
TheQuizlet is a one-stop shop for all your writing needs. We tackle each customer’s needs differently to improve the quality of outcomes and meet your expectations.
TheQuizlet is committed to delivering quality work on time to ensure our clients get the value for their money.
Admission Essays and Professional Writing
Admission essays are personal, as opposed to other papers. For this reason, our team will request for any information that will enable them to deliver quality work, which allows you to convince the admissions board on why you should be granted the application.
Editing and Proofreading
Our team comprises of qualified researchers, writers, and editors who go through the different papers before delivering them to our clients. Whether your paper is being written from scratch or you want it to be edited, you can trust TheQuizlet for all your needs.
After receiving the final draft, you can request for a revision to incorporate various changes that are aligned with your expectations. All our papers are written in line with the latest writing standards.