|Number of words||3333|
|Number of sources||5|
Details: PSY WEEK 6 FINAL PAPER
Psychiatric Diagnosis (SEE ATTACHMENTS)
For this assignment, students will investigate and propose a psychiatric diagnosis based on the case study from the Gorenstein and Comer (2015) textbook Case Studies in Abnormal Psychology, chosen in the Week One “Initial Call” discussion or the Week Two “Initial Assessment” discussion. This paper will include an in-depth overview of the disorder(s) within the diagnosis, treatment options for the diagnosis, and a sound rationale that explains why this diagnosis was made. Note that the diagnosis may include more than one psychiatric disorder.
The paper must present a thorough overview of each disorder within the diagnosis. Assume the audience has no prior knowledge of the disorder(s) within the diagnosis, and provide relevant and easy-to-understand explanations of each for the readers. When writing a paper, it is critical to convey all the necessary information in a straightforward manner using non-technical language. (Reference the Professional Voice and Writing (Links to an external site.) resource provided by the Ashford Writing Center for assistance.) Support the analysis with at least five peer-reviewed sources published within the last ten years in addition to the course text.
The Psychiatric Diagnosis topical paper must include the following:
• Explain psychological concepts in the patient’s presentation using professional terminology. Identify symptoms and behaviors exhibited by the patient in the chosen case study.
• Match the identified symptoms to potential disorders in the DSM-5 diagnostic manual.
• Propose a diagnosis based on the patient’s symptoms and the criteria listed for the disorder(s) in the DSM-5 diagnostic manual.
• Analyze and explain how the patient meets criteria for the disorder(s) according to the patient’s symptoms and the criteria outlined in the DSM-5 diagnostic manual.
• Justify the use of the chosen DSM-5 diagnostic manual (i.e., What evidence supports the validity of this manual? What are the limitations of this manual?).
• Summarize general views of the diagnosis from at least three theoretical orientations (g., cognitive, behavioral, humanistic, biological, sociocultural, evolutionary, psychoanalytic, integrative, etc.). NOTE: Be clear that you are writing about theoretical orientations and using the theoretical orientations to explain the diagnosis. Do not use the theoretical orientations to discuss any therapy or treatment approaches. Your application of the theoretical orientations should answer the question: What causes this diagnosis? For example, “Based on the cognitive perspective, what causes this diagnosis?” “Based on the humanistic perspective, what causes this diagnosis?” Etc. In addition, you may include a historical perspective on the diagnosis, but this is not required. Also note that here you are summarizing views of the overall diagnosis, not specific individual symptoms.
• Include a discussion on comorbidity if the diagnosis includes more than one disorder.
• Evaluate symptoms within the context of an appropriate theoretical orientation for this diagnosis (e.g., cognitive, behavioral, humanistic, biological, sociocultural, evolutionary, psychoanalytic, integrative, etc.). NOTE: Here you are evaluating specific symptoms, not the overall diagnosis.
• Use at least two peer-reviewed articles to assess the validity of this diagnosis, and describe which demographics are at a higher risk of developing the disorder or receiving the diagnosis based on age, gender, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, and ethnicity. Provide a brief evaluation of the scientific merit of these peer-reviewed sources in the validity assessment.
• Summarize the risk factors (i.e., biological, psychological, environmental, and/or social) for the diagnosis If one of the categories is not relevant, address this within the summary.
• Compare evidence-based and non-evidence-based treatment options for the diagnosis
• Evaluate well-established treatments for the diagnosis and describe the likelihood of success or possible outcomes for each treatment.
• Create an annotated bibliography of five peer-reviewed references published within the last ten years to inform the diagnosis and treatment recommendations In the annotated bibliography, write a two- to three-sentence evaluation of the scientific merit of each of these references. For additional assistance with this portion of the assignment, access the Ashford Writing Center’s Sample Annotated Bibliography. (Links to an external site.)
Attention Students: The Masters of Arts in Psychology program is utilizing the Pathbrite portfolio tool as a repository for student scholarly work in the form of signature assignments completed within the program. After receiving feedback for this Psychiatric Diagnosis topical paper, please implement any changes recommended by the instructor, go to Pathbrite and upload the revised Psychiatric Diagnosis topical paper to the portfolio. (Use the Pathbrite Quick-Start Guide to create an account if you do not already have one.) The upload of signature assignments will take place after completing each course. Be certain to upload revised signature assignments throughout the program as the portfolio and its contents will be used in other courses and may be used by individual students as a professional resource tool. See the Pathbrite (Links to an external site.) website for information and further instructions on using this portfolio tool.
The Psychiatric Diagnosis
• Must be 8 to 15 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
• Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
• Must use at least five peer-reviewed sources published within the last 10 years in addition to the course text.
• Must include a separate annotated bibliography page.
• Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
• Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Exemplary Academic Writing Service
At TheQuizlet.com, you are guaranteed of quality service from our professional writers. We maintain consistent communication with customers after placing an order to avoid missing anything that may compromise the quality of delivered work.
Our hiring process is rigorous to maintain the desired quality that has become the core of our business. We expose potential writers to an uncompromising selection process that enables TheQuizlet to pick the best out of the rest. TheQuizlet boasts of a competent team of writers, editors, and professors who work towards accomplishing your goals.
TheQuizlet has an in-house plagiarism software that lowers the probability of delivering plagiarized papers to our clients. Referencing is guided by the format specified by a customer when placing an order. Our writers are conversant with all referencing formats that include APA, MLA, Chicago, Harvard, and Vancouver among others.
24/7 Customer Support
We understand the importance of effective communication and as such, TheQuizlet has a dedicated customer support department that responds to all client needs. You can easily contact our team through a chat window at the bottom left corner. Additionally, clients can reach us through support’s email or a telephone number available on our contact page. Feel free to contact us at any time and our team of experts will solve all your problems.
Swift Delivery and 100% Money-back Guarantee
When placing an order, ensure that you specify the correct deadline to help our writers work around the provided timeline. At TheQuizlet, we deliver our tasks before the projected deadline to give time for the customer to proofread the work before submission. In the event we cannot deliver a paper on time, we initiate contact with the client to renegotiate a new deadline.
Unlimited and Free Revisions
We urge all our customers to request for a revision whenever they identify a need to amend the paper. Since we understand your concerns, TheQuizlet.com does not charge for revisions. Nonetheless, we encourage customers to be genuine when requesting for revisions.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
TheQuizlet is a one-stop shop for all your writing needs. We tackle each customer’s needs differently to improve the quality of outcomes and meet your expectations.
TheQuizlet is committed to delivering quality work on time to ensure our clients get the value for their money.
Admission Essays and Professional Writing
Admission essays are personal, as opposed to other papers. For this reason, our team will request for any information that will enable them to deliver quality work, which allows you to convince the admissions board on why you should be granted the application.
Editing and Proofreading
Our team comprises of qualified researchers, writers, and editors who go through the different papers before delivering them to our clients. Whether your paper is being written from scratch or you want it to be edited, you can trust TheQuizlet for all your needs.
After receiving the final draft, you can request for a revision to incorporate various changes that are aligned with your expectations. All our papers are written in line with the latest writing standards.