. Traditional income statements organize costs by:
A. function. B. behavior.
C. discretionary vs. committed. D. no particular manner.
11. The contribution margin is equal to:
A. sales minus cost of goods sold.
B. sales minus variable expenses.
C. sales minus fixed expenses.
D. sales minus operating expenses.
12. A Store buys portable generators for $500 & sells them for $800. He pays a sales commission of 5% of sales revenue to his sales staff. Toby pays $2,000 a month rent for his store, & also pays $1,800 a month to his staff in addition to the commissions. Toby sold 200 generators in June. If Toby prepares a contribution margin income statement for the month of June, what would be his contribution margin?
A. $268,000 B. $160,000
C. $52,000 D. $108,000
1. To compute the unit contribution margin, __________ should be subtracted from the sales price per unit.
A. only variable period costs
B. only variable inventoriable product costs
C. all variable costs
D. all fixed costs
2. Managers can quickly forecast the total contribution margin by multiplying the projected:
A sales rev. by the CM ratio. B.sales units by the CM ratio.
C. sales revenue by the unit CM. D.sales units by the VC ratio.
3. Anthony Office Supplies sells refills on printer ink cartridges for $16 per refill. Variable costs are $4 per refill. Fixed costs are $2,000 per month. What is the contribution margin ratio for the printer ink cartridge refills?
A. 133% B. 12%
C. 25% D. 75%
4. If the sale price per unit is $38, variable expenses per unit are $21, & total fixed expenses are $56,950, what will the breakeven sales in units be?
A. 1,499 B. 968,150
C. 2,712 D. 3,350
5. If the contribution margin ratio is 32%, target operating income is $60,000, & the sales revenue needed to achieve the target operating income is $400,000, what are total fixed expenses?
A. $ 68,000 B. $128,000
C. $ 19,200 D. $188,000
6. Healthy Greetings Corporation produces & sells fruit baskets for special events. The unit selling price is $60, unit variable costs are $45, & total fixed costs are $2,670. What are breakeven sales in dollars?
A. $ 8,010 B. $ 1,526
C. $ 178 D. $ 10,680
7. Which of the following statements is TRUE if the fixed costs increase while the sales price per unit & variable costs per unit remain constant?
A. The CM increases & the breakeven point decreases.
B. The CM decreases & the breakeven point increases.
C. CM stays the same & the breakeven point decreases.
D. The CM stays the same & the breakeven point increases.
8. Which of the following will decrease the breakeven point in units assuming no other changes in the cost-volume-profit relationship?
A. An Increase in the sale price per unit
B. A decrease in the sale price per unit
C. An increase in total fixed costs
D. An increase in the variable costs per unit
Exemplary Academic Writing Service
At TheQuizlet.com, you are guaranteed of quality service from our professional writers. We maintain consistent communication with customers after placing an order to avoid missing anything that may compromise the quality of delivered work.
Our hiring process is rigorous to maintain the desired quality that has become the core of our business. We expose potential writers to an uncompromising selection process that enables TheQuizlet to pick the best out of the rest. TheQuizlet boasts of a competent team of writers, editors, and professors who work towards accomplishing your goals.
TheQuizlet has an in-house plagiarism software that lowers the probability of delivering plagiarized papers to our clients. Referencing is guided by the format specified by a customer when placing an order. Our writers are conversant with all referencing formats that include APA, MLA, Chicago, Harvard, and Vancouver among others.
24/7 Customer Support
We understand the importance of effective communication and as such, TheQuizlet has a dedicated customer support department that responds to all client needs. You can easily contact our team through a chat window at the bottom left corner. Additionally, clients can reach us through support’s email or a telephone number available on our contact page. Feel free to contact us at any time and our team of experts will solve all your problems.
Swift Delivery and 100% Money-back Guarantee
When placing an order, ensure that you specify the correct deadline to help our writers work around the provided timeline. At TheQuizlet, we deliver our tasks before the projected deadline to give time for the customer to proofread the work before submission. In the event we cannot deliver a paper on time, we initiate contact with the client to renegotiate a new deadline.
Unlimited and Free Revisions
We urge all our customers to request for a revision whenever they identify a need to amend the paper. Since we understand your concerns, TheQuizlet.com does not charge for revisions. Nonetheless, we encourage customers to be genuine when requesting for revisions.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
TheQuizlet is a one-stop shop for all your writing needs. We tackle each customer’s needs differently to improve the quality of outcomes and meet your expectations.
TheQuizlet is committed to delivering quality work on time to ensure our clients get the value for their money.
Admission Essays and Professional Writing
Admission essays are personal, as opposed to other papers. For this reason, our team will request for any information that will enable them to deliver quality work, which allows you to convince the admissions board on why you should be granted the application.
Editing and Proofreading
Our team comprises of qualified researchers, writers, and editors who go through the different papers before delivering them to our clients. Whether your paper is being written from scratch or you want it to be edited, you can trust TheQuizlet for all your needs.
After receiving the final draft, you can request for a revision to incorporate various changes that are aligned with your expectations. All our papers are written in line with the latest writing standards.