1. Review these three mission statements and assess whether they meet the “person on a bus” test.
• To provide book lovers and those they care about with the most inspiring retail and online environments in the world for books and life-enriching products and services.
• X is dedicated to building a world-class national resource enabling Canadians to know their country and themselves through their published heritage, and to providing an effective gateway to national and international sources of information.
• X is an independent campaigning organization that uses nonviolent, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems and to force the solutions essential to a green and peaceful future.
2. “Employees are our biggest asset.” “Yes, but they can walk out the door any time and all your investment in them will be lost.” Explain why investments in human capital are important. Using the example of a great coach, explain why all is not lost if some of the team members quit.
3. You and your friend decide to open a high-end restaurant specializing in cuisine from your home country. This type of food may appeal to people in the neighbourhood, but you will need to differentiate this restaurant from others, and offer great service, with explanations, customization, etc. Describe the ways in which you would use HRM programs to train the waiters.
4. Some HR professionals are suggesting that employers not “stereotype” generations and treat them differently. Argue the pros and cons of establishing different HR Policies for different generations.
5. Using your school as an example, find one trend in each of the areas (economics, globalization, political/legislative, technology, demographic and social/cultural) that will impact enrollment in your school.
6. Employees spend an average of 43 minutes a day at work on personal mobile devices. A company in the United States implanted a micro chip in employees (who had volunteered to have this done) to prove the identity of the user and increase security and privacy. What policies should the HR department develop in anticipation of the continuing use of technology?
There is total 6 questions in assignment and each question should be written in 100 words.