Chapter One & Handouts- Jurisdiction, the Charter & Law and Morals
1. After reading the Re Firearms Act case and the Malmo- Levine and Caine cases describe precisely how the criminal law power of the Federal government is defined. Be specific about terms and concepts used and defined.
How broad is this power?
2. Outline the Oakes Test for interpreting s 1 of the Charter and then explain specifically why it did not save the s 8 presumption in the then Narcotic Control Act but did save the presumption in the then section 237 (now s 320.35) of the Criminal Code in the Whyte case.
3. Explain the specific differences between the four majority judges (JJ Dickson & Lamer, Beetz & Estey) and the fifth majority judge, Madame Justice Wilson in the Morgentaler case concerning s 287 (abortion) of the Criminal Code. This includes the section/s of the Charter they each find breached and exactly how they were breached, how they were not fundamentally just or saved by s.1 of the Charter, causing the legislation to be struck down under s 52 of the Constitution Act.
4. Explain the specific reasons the dissent in the Morgentaler did not find the then s 287 abortion section in breach of any Charter sections.
Chapters Two & Three & Handouts-Actus Reus
5. Specifically define what constitutes a sexual assault as defined in the Chase case and the evidentiary standard required.
6. The Cooper (murder) and Fagan (assaulting a Peace Officer) cases both stand for the same legal principle. Define this principle. Explain how the different facts of the two cases show the principle being applied in a different but related way in the two cases.
Consider why the issue is more complicated in Cooper.
7. How is the offence of care & control in s 253 (now 320.14) defined in the Toews case?
8. Outline the different actus reus causation tests outlined in the Smithers, Nette and Harbottle cases, and the offences they are used in. Relate your answers to the facts of the cases. Make sure to explain the relationship of the Smithers and Nette tests.
ALL ANSWERS SHOULD BE FROM THE FOLLOWING LINKS MENTIONED BELOW :
1. Text: Criminal Law in Canada: Cases, Questions, and the Code (7th ed.) by Simon Verdun-Jones
(now published by Top Hat)
2. Casebook: Canadian Criminal Cases: Selected Highlights (3d ed.) by Simon Verdun Jones (Top Hat)
3. A recent Criminal Code (2021/2022). Publishers are Thomson Reuters or Martins OR Online access to this federal statute from the Government of Canada website
Exemplary Academic Writing Service
At TheQuizlet.com, you are guaranteed of quality service from our professional writers. We maintain consistent communication with customers after placing an order to avoid missing anything that may compromise the quality of delivered work.
Our hiring process is rigorous to maintain the desired quality that has become the core of our business. We expose potential writers to an uncompromising selection process that enables TheQuizlet to pick the best out of the rest. TheQuizlet boasts of a competent team of writers, editors, and professors who work towards accomplishing your goals.
TheQuizlet has an in-house plagiarism software that lowers the probability of delivering plagiarized papers to our clients. Referencing is guided by the format specified by a customer when placing an order. Our writers are conversant with all referencing formats that include APA, MLA, Chicago, Harvard, and Vancouver among others.
24/7 Customer Support
We understand the importance of effective communication and as such, TheQuizlet has a dedicated customer support department that responds to all client needs. You can easily contact our team through a chat window at the bottom left corner. Additionally, clients can reach us through support’s email or a telephone number available on our contact page. Feel free to contact us at any time and our team of experts will solve all your problems.
Swift Delivery and 100% Money-back Guarantee
When placing an order, ensure that you specify the correct deadline to help our writers work around the provided timeline. At TheQuizlet, we deliver our tasks before the projected deadline to give time for the customer to proofread the work before submission. In the event we cannot deliver a paper on time, we initiate contact with the client to renegotiate a new deadline.
Unlimited and Free Revisions
We urge all our customers to request for a revision whenever they identify a need to amend the paper. Since we understand your concerns, TheQuizlet.com does not charge for revisions. Nonetheless, we encourage customers to be genuine when requesting for revisions.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
TheQuizlet is a one-stop shop for all your writing needs. We tackle each customer’s needs differently to improve the quality of outcomes and meet your expectations.
TheQuizlet is committed to delivering quality work on time to ensure our clients get the value for their money.
Admission Essays and Professional Writing
Admission essays are personal, as opposed to other papers. For this reason, our team will request for any information that will enable them to deliver quality work, which allows you to convince the admissions board on why you should be granted the application.
Editing and Proofreading
Our team comprises of qualified researchers, writers, and editors who go through the different papers before delivering them to our clients. Whether your paper is being written from scratch or you want it to be edited, you can trust TheQuizlet for all your needs.
After receiving the final draft, you can request for a revision to incorporate various changes that are aligned with your expectations. All our papers are written in line with the latest writing standards.