Review the list of non-violent crimes as redefined in California. Now, the following crimes (internet search) are considered non-violent and eligible for probation.
Address the following points:
Short answers for each questions. No paragraphs
- Do you feel these crimes should be considered “non-violent”
- Which do you feel should be reclassified as “violent”
- How do you feel about a defendant now only receiving a maximum of two year probation for committing any of these offenses? (Recently the law changed to a max of two years felony probation instead of five years)
- Give your input on whether you feel offenders rate of recidivism will be.
- …any other opinion is welcome as well.