To successfully complete this week’s discussion, you will need to:
- Watch the video, Psychology, Criminality, and Incarceration in America (30:19).
- Use the Strayer University Library to conduct research on the four functions of corrections.
- The B.S. in Criminal Justice library guide is a good place to begin your research.
Please respond to the following in a substantive post:
- Distinguish among the four functions of corrections: retribution, deterrence, incapacitation, and rehabilitation.
- Demonstrate these distinctions with current and/or historical examples.
- Share the link to the resource you located that was most valuable to you in distinguishing among the four functions of corrections.
- Be sure to explain why you found this resource so valuable.
Be sure to provide full citations and source list entries, formatted according to Strayer Writing Standards.
- For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
Please respond substantively to at least one other post. Choose to respond to those who have few or no responses.
In your response to your classmate, consider questions such as the following:
- What current or historical examples did your classmate provide that you found particularly memorable?
- What is a question you have about how your classmate distinguished among the four functions of corrections?
- What is one recommendation you would make to your classmate to further deepen his/her understanding of the four corrections’ functions?
Note: You will use the information from this