1. In an accounting information systems context, what is the purpose of a coding system/ chart of accounts?
2. Explain the difference between a flat file data model, a hierarchical model, a network data model and a relational data model.
3. Describe and explain the role of a database management system.
4. What are the key features of contemporary transaction processing?
1. Distinguish between transaction processing cycles and transaction processing systems.
2. What is meant by, and what are the key differences between, each contemporary transaction processing type/sub-type?
3. What transaction processing systems are normally found within a company’s expenditure cycle?