|Number of words||1527|
|Number of sources||4|
Details: 2. Worldview in Culture Analysis: This paper will be due by the end of Session 13.
The style parameters for your paper are as follows:
Length should be a minimum of two pages.
Format should include one-inch margins (top and bottom, left and right); double-spaced lines; 12-point Times New Roman or 10-point Arial font. Do not quadruple space between paragraphs.
On the first page of your paper, include your name, the assignment title, and the date. Include the name of the film, song/poem, or article as the title of your assignment. For example, the title might be “Worldview in Culture Analysis of the Film Bicentennial Man.” No cover sheet is necessary.
Follow these instructions as you prepare your Worldview in Culture Analysis assignment:
Select ONE of the following worldviews in culture topics: (1) Worldview in Film, (2) Worldview in Song or Poetry, or (3) Worldview in News Media.
(1) Worldview in Film: Watch one film and analyze it from the perspective of discerning worldview ideas. The film must be selected from the list below and must be watched as part of this assignment, even if you have previously viewed the film. (You will watch the film from the fresh perspective of discerning worldview ideas.) Answer the Worldview Analysis Questions. Your answers should reflect clear and critical thinking on worldview ideas expressed in the film. You may choose any one of the following films. The film’s year of release and MPAA rating are noted:
To Kill a Mockingbird (1962, PG)
Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980, PG)
Groundhog Day (1993, PG)
Bicentennial Man (1999, PG)
Tuck Everlasting (2002, PG)
Spider-Man 3 (2007, PG-13)
The Dark Knight (2008, PG-13)
The Hunger Games (2012, PG-13)
Ender’s Game (2013, PG-13)
Interstellar (2014, PG-13)
(2) Worldview in Song or Poetry: Select one song (cannot be a Christian song) or one poem (cannot be a Christian poem) and analyze it from the perspective of discerning worldview ideas. The song or poem you select should contain sufficient meaningful content in order to facilitate your analysis. Answer the Worldview Analysis Questions. Your answers should reflect clear and critical thinking on worldview ideas identified in the selected song or poem. Important: The song lyrics or the text of the poem must be included with your analysis. Copy and paste or type the song lyrics or poem at the end of your analysis.
(3) Worldview in News Media: Select one news article/editorial from a current publication (magazine, newspaper, journal) and analyze it from the perspective of discerning worldview ideas. An Internet publication is fine, but use only a credible source. The article you select should contain sufficient meaningful content in order to facilitate your analysis. Answer the Worldview Analysis Questions. Your answers should reflect clear and critical thinking on worldview ideas identified in the selected article. Important: The article text must be included with your analysis. In many cases, you will be able to locate an electronic version of the article you select for analysis; however, if the article is available only in hardcopy, you must scan the document and send the file as an email attachment in Blackboard. The Academic Computer Lab on the second floor of the Collins Learning Center provides scanners for student use. Lab staff will give you instructions on how to scan the news article or editorial. Hardcopy of the news article or editorial will not be accepted.
Worldview Analysis Questions
Once you have viewed the film, listened to the song/read the poem, or read the article you selected, you are ready to answer the Worldview Analysis Questions. Be sure to answer ALL parts of each question. Do not delete the questions. Leave the questions in your paper. Do not use any outside sources.
Answer the following questions for the film, song/poem, or article you analyzed for this assignment. Your answers must be thorough and must reflect clear and critical thinking and analysis of worldview ideas identified in the selected film, song/poem, or article. I suggest you review your selected film, song/poem, or article at least twice; this should help you complete a more thorough analysis. Important: DO NOT simply prepare a summary or a synopsis of the film, song/poem, or article. This is not a “book report”; rather, it is an analysis of the content of the film, song/poem, or article with the goal of identifying worldview ideas. Answer ALL parts of each question using complete sentences (leave the questions in your paper).
1. Think about how you reacted to your selection (film, song/poem, or article).
What was your initial reaction?
Why do you think you reacted this way?
In what ways did your selection compare with your personal worldview? Provide at least two specific examples.
In what ways did your selection conflict with your personal worldview? Provide at least two specific examples.
2. Describe how each of Sire’s worldview questions is depicted in your selection (film, song/poem, or article):
What is prime reality—the really real?
What is external reality—the world around us?
What is a human being—do humans have significance?
What happens to a person at death?
How is it possible to know anything?
How do we know what is right and wrong?
What is the meaning and purpose of history?
What core commitments are consistent with the worldview(s) depicted in your selection?
3. Think about the overall worldviews depicted in your selection (film, song/poem, or article):
Which of the worldviews discussed in Sire’s The Universe Next Door is the main worldview of your selection?
How does the main worldview of your selection compare to the Christian Theistic worldview in Sire’s The Universe Next Door? Provide at least two specific examples.
How does the main worldview in your selection contrast with the Christian Theistic worldview in Sire’s The Universe Next Door? Provide at least two specific examples.
4. Reflect on the impact worldview in culture analysis has had on you personally as you completed this assignment.
In what ways will this exercise in the discernment of worldview ideas change or impact the way you interact with culture, both with media and with people? List two specific examples.
In what ways have you experienced personal growth as a result of examining worldview in culture? List two specific examples.
Exemplary Academic Writing Service
At TheQuizlet.com, you are guaranteed of quality service from our professional writers. We maintain consistent communication with customers after placing an order to avoid missing anything that may compromise the quality of delivered work.
Our hiring process is rigorous to maintain the desired quality that has become the core of our business. We expose potential writers to an uncompromising selection process that enables TheQuizlet to pick the best out of the rest. TheQuizlet boasts of a competent team of writers, editors, and professors who work towards accomplishing your goals.
TheQuizlet has an in-house plagiarism software that lowers the probability of delivering plagiarized papers to our clients. Referencing is guided by the format specified by a customer when placing an order. Our writers are conversant with all referencing formats that include APA, MLA, Chicago, Harvard, and Vancouver among others.
24/7 Customer Support
We understand the importance of effective communication and as such, TheQuizlet has a dedicated customer support department that responds to all client needs. You can easily contact our team through a chat window at the bottom left corner. Additionally, clients can reach us through support’s email or a telephone number available on our contact page. Feel free to contact us at any time and our team of experts will solve all your problems.
Swift Delivery and 100% Money-back Guarantee
When placing an order, ensure that you specify the correct deadline to help our writers work around the provided timeline. At TheQuizlet, we deliver our tasks before the projected deadline to give time for the customer to proofread the work before submission. In the event we cannot deliver a paper on time, we initiate contact with the client to renegotiate a new deadline.
Unlimited and Free Revisions
We urge all our customers to request for a revision whenever they identify a need to amend the paper. Since we understand your concerns, TheQuizlet.com does not charge for revisions. Nonetheless, we encourage customers to be genuine when requesting for revisions.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
TheQuizlet is a one-stop shop for all your writing needs. We tackle each customer’s needs differently to improve the quality of outcomes and meet your expectations.
TheQuizlet is committed to delivering quality work on time to ensure our clients get the value for their money.
Admission Essays and Professional Writing
Admission essays are personal, as opposed to other papers. For this reason, our team will request for any information that will enable them to deliver quality work, which allows you to convince the admissions board on why you should be granted the application.
Editing and Proofreading
Our team comprises of qualified researchers, writers, and editors who go through the different papers before delivering them to our clients. Whether your paper is being written from scratch or you want it to be edited, you can trust TheQuizlet for all your needs.
After receiving the final draft, you can request for a revision to incorporate various changes that are aligned with your expectations. All our papers are written in line with the latest writing standards.